Intro to Tactical Pistol & Carbine
Intro to Tactical Pistol & Carbine in Jackson Hole Wyoming May 8, 2016 / 9am
Intro to Tactical Pistol & Carbine | Tactical Firearms Training in Wyoming
This is an beginner/intermediate level class designed for those that seek to learn new skills in carbine and pistol. A working knowledge of your pistol & carbine is strongly suggested. If you do not shoot regularly and with up-to-date grip & stance, our May 7 CCW class would be a good primer/refresher.
We will cover:
- Presentation – draw stroke options etc
- Fundamental skills for accuracy
- Fundamental skills for defensive shooting including shooting from cover & concealment, shooting while moving, while injured, from the ground, reloads, off-hand shooting, etc
- Point shooting
- Addressing attacks with various weapons (knives, bats, guns, etc)
- Legal aspects of defensive actions
- Much more as time allows…
Gear list: (Contact us if you would like to rent/borrow any gear… we have extra gear, so for eg. if you are not sure if you want a single or 2-point sling, try ours out)
- Pistol – whatever you are comfortable with in 9, 40 or 45
- Carbine – whatever you are comfortable with in 223, 300blk, 7.62×39, 7.62×51, 9mm, 40, or 45
- Holster – a holster for the pistol – not a cheap & floppy nylon job but a hard shell – also a good belt
- Sling – your choice of single, 2-point or 3 point
- Mags – enough pistol magazines to shoot 30 rounds without reloading magazines, enough carbine magazines to shoot 50 rounds without reloading magazines
- Mag pouches – enough pouches to hold the above
- Tools, oil & an extra gun – Our class will go all day – will your gun? Please be prepared.
- Ammo – bring 400 rounds for your carbine & 300 for your pistol & you will probably leave with some
- Ear & eye protection – electronic ears preferred or use ours
- Water will be provided
- Lunch – bring something to eat quickly, your coaches are made of steel and don’t need food, so lunch break won’t be long or fancy.
- Clothing – It might rain, snow or be sunny. We will be outside all day. Nuff said.
- Knee & elbow pads – some students like them, some prefer to practice like the real world. We don’t encourage you to be a tough-dude, it is up to you.
Please contact us with any specific questions about this Intro to Tactical Pistol & Carbine workshop. For example, if your lifestyle & choices are such that you do not carry a concealed gun, and if instead you have a tactical vest by your bedside with a holster in it as well as attached mag pouches, let’s chat.