Part Time JHSE Armory Technician (AT)
“I clean firearms and accessories, perform minor repairs and am responsible for keeping the world’s finest shooting experience equipment perfectly functioning!”
- Location is Jackson Hole, Wyoming
- Equivalent to $18/hr (We pay on a per-gun basis) PLUS fall bonus of $100 to $500 depending on performance.
- This position is approximately 10 hours per week June 15 through September 15.
- This position is approximately 5 hours per month Sept 15 to June 15.
- No experience necessary – we will train the right person and provide you with self-study opportunities!
- We provide a workspace with all needed tools and supplies.
We are a busy luxury firearms experience company in Jackson Hole Wyoming. During our busy season, we have approximately 75 guns that need to be maintained so that they function smoothly for our guests.
- 10% Other duties as required
- 80% Gun Cleaning (This kind of thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mQb3QjI0gA )
- 10% Minor firearms repairs, handling returns etc
One or two shifts per week, with each shift being at least 2 hours, with both totaling approximately 10 hours. Evenings are best, and we are flexible.
AT will check our Google-based list of guns that need cleaning/repairs that week. (The Range Operations Manager (ROM) will have prepared this list, some guns are used heavily and need to be cleaned weekly, others only need to be cleaned monthly.)
- AT will work one longer shift at our armory, first picking up the guns from our storage location 2 miles away, transporting them to the armory, performing a deep cleaning/repairing them, then returning them to the storage location.
- AT will work the second shorter shift each week at the shooting range, cleaning guns, scopes etc that only need lighter surface cleanings. This shift may include cleaning/dusting display cases, restocking ammunition and supplies, etc.
- Mechanically inclined is helpful.
- Must have attention to detail.
- No firearms or gunsmithing experience required.
- Self-motivated to work quickly and efficiently without close supervision.
- Reliable, not prone to making excuses
- Must have a valid driver’s license
This Gun Cleaning Armory Technician Position in Jackson Hole Jobs is not closely supervised. Your performance will be judged based on your work product. If our guns are jamming and are not thoroughly cleaned as per the training we provide you, you will be released to pursue other employment options while we hire a person committed to perfection and honesty. We need to have mutual trust, respect and appreciation. We look forward to finding a perfect AT with whom to form a wonderful mutually beneficial relationship!