Wyoming Stargazing activities in Jackson Hole offers year-round astronomy programs at your convenience. They can come to your private residence or take you to one of the premiere stargazing locations near the Teton Mountains. They set up one of their telescopes and entertain you and your guests by showing you all that the fantastic night skies of Jackson Hole have to offer! They also have iPads ready with the Star Walk application so you can continue exploring the heavens while your friends and family are entranced through the telescopes.
Compared to the often well-attended public stargazing programs or larger Multi-Group Stargazing Programs, Private Stargazing programs give you the most individualized attention from their enthusiastic astronomers, allowing you to finally get answers to all of the questions you’ve ever had about the Universe. Depending on the size of your party, there is very little wait time to look through a telescope, which means that during the evening they will be able to show you even more of the extraordinary objects in the sparkling Jackson Hole night sky!
The price for an evening is only $500 for up to 4 people, gratuities not included. This is one of the most fun things to do in Jackson Hole! Generally, private Stargazing Activities in Jackson Hole Programs last 3-4 hours from pickup to drop off. Below is a typical program itinerary:
- Hotel pick-ups take place from 7pm-8pm (October-April), 8pm-8:30pm in May, 8:30pm-9:30pm (June-August), and 8pm in September. We’ll contact you with specific times the day of your program.
- 10-30 minute drive to a dark location near the town of Jackson
- Sip on some hot chocolate or apple cider and explore the sky with the StarWalk app on an iPads while we set up the telescope
- View incredible deep space objects through the telescope for about 2 hours
- Sip some more hot chocolate or apple cider and warm up in the van while we pack everything up
- 10-30 minute drive back to your hotel
PRIVATE STARGAZING PROGRAMS INCLUDE:
- Free admission for children 5 and under
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- The most time possible looking through telescopes
- The greatest opportunity to see additional deep space objects
- The most individualized attention from a highly qualified Astronomy Educator
- Use of the Star Walk app on each iPad
- Camping chairs to sit back and enjoy the night sky
- Blankets to keep you warm
- Bottled water to keep you hydrated
- Hot chocolate and apple cider
In the event of inclement weather, they do our best to re-book your program for another night. As with the Jackson Hole Shooting Experience and other top-tier Jackson Hole activities, please consider booking your program early in your trip so that in the event of a weather issue you have the chance to stargaze another night!