Learn – Enjoy – Achieve
Our Nomad Rifleman team’s long range shooting instruction niche is providing high-end private long range training and experiences, however once or twice a year we enjoy providing a group class at a tiny fraction of the cost. September 8th and 9th, 2018 we will offer a fun Long Range Precision Rifle Course in Western Wyoming.
- Class minimum: 3 shooters
- Class maximum: 9 shooters
- $1,200 includes both days – MUST register & pay (non-refundable) by August 31 for this Early-Bird pricing, Last-Minute September 1st to 3rd price is $1,800. (If money is a challenge and you have quality gear you no longer need, we might barter with you) Registration closes at 5pm on September 3, 2018.
- “If it ain’t rainin’ – it ain’t trainin’.” So, yes, unless we have a bunch of snow, let’s do this!
- Call 307-690-7921 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Day 1 will be at the Jackson Hole Gun Club
We will work on fundamentals including:
- Benchrest position & Prone position
- Exterior Ballistics (gravity, darn wind, cant, spin drift etc…)
- Using a laser range-finder and using a reticle to range targets
- Building D.O.P.E. sheets for your rifle and cartridges
- Long range shooting equipment discussion
- Shooting out to 600 yards
- Proper cleaning of a rifle
- Much more …
Day 2 will be a field trip to a private ranch about 75 minutes South of Jackson Hole.
We will begin shooting at 678 yards, and will work our way out to 1,790 yards, as your guns & ammo allow. With some luck, we just might have the wonderful opportunity to shoot in strong Wyoming winds. This day will all be from the prone position. Start preparing your neck HERE!
We will coach you as you shoot with a ratio of at least 1 instructor per 3 students. Our philosophy is that fundamentals are VERY important, as is actual experience. We have attended classes in which the instructor’s goal was to impress us with THEIR knowledge and to waste our time learning things that we will definitely not remember. We choose instead to focus 95% of our time on a handful of factors that will help you have success when you get back home.
Understanding and being conversant in MOA/MIL is tough! Once you understand and practice it hundreds of times, you can be patronizing and say, “It is really easy, you just…” We disagree. It is not easy. much of long range shooting is VERY challenging! If long range shooting techniques, environmental issues, math & physics was easy, there would be way more members in the onemile.club. We were all beginners at some point, and we enjoy helping you grow from whatever starting place you happen to be. This is supposed to be fun.
We suggest staying in Jackson Hole on the night before Day 1.
Day 2 will be closer to Pinedale Wyoming than Jackson Hole Wyoming, so either town is good. In Pinedale, we enjoy the beautiful Lakeside Lodge and the rustic Log Cabin Motel.
- A center-fire rifle capable of shooting a 1″ group at 100 yards
- A scope on above rifle that has at least 35 MOA or 10 MIL of upward adjustment available. Not sure? Watch the video at the bottom of this page titled: Adjusting Scope for Long Range Class
- A quality bipod attached to the stock or chassis (not a cheapo barrel clamp-on like this)
- 200 rounds of ammo (You can get by with 120, however if your gun is comfortable to shoot, bring 400 😉 )
- Sack lunch each day
- Data book (fancy is fine, or a cheap notebook is also great)
Gear Suggestions (If you don’t have it – use ours)
- Ear & Eye protection
- Smart phone with a ballistics app
- Shooting mat
- Rear squeeze bags (learn more make your own HERE)
- Kestrel or similar
- Spotting scope
- Suppressors are welcome! 🙂
- Cleaning gear
Registration closed. Private classes available HERE.