Intermediate Tactical Carbine & Pistol Class May 15, 2015
This class will be a hard day’s work with a lot of shooting!
- 500 rounds Carbine
- 300 rounds Pistol
Tactical Instructors Shepard Humphries and Tim Bruton will take you to the “next level” through a series of exercises, drills and instruction. By day’s end, you will be tired, bruised, exhausted and exhilarated! This class is NOT for beginners, it will require the student to be familiar and skilled in magazine changes, safety and basic shooting technique.
This is an intermediate/advanced level class designed for those that seek to learn new skills in carbine and pistol and/or practice their skills. A working knowledge of your pistol & carbine is necessary. If you do not shoot regularly and with up-to-date grip & stance, our May 8 Intro to Carbine & Pistol class would be a good primer/refresher.
We will cover:
- Presentation – draw stroke options etc
- Fundamental skills for accuracy
- Fundamental skills for defensive shooting including shooting from cover & concealment, shooting while moving, while injured, from the ground, reloads, vehicle considerations, off-hand shooting, etc
- Point shooting
- Addressing attacks with various weapons (knives, bats, guns, etc)
- Many drills with both pistol and carbine to hone skills including reloads, switching sides etc…
- Much more as time allows…
Gear list: (Contact us if you would like to rent/borrow any gear… we have extra gear, so for eg. if you are not sure if you want a single or 2-point sling, try ours out)
- Pistol – whatever you are comfortable with in 9, 40 or 45
- Carbine – whatever you are comfortable with in 223, 300blk, 7.62×39, 7.62×51, 9mm, 40, or 45
- Holster – a holster for the pistol – not a cheap & floppy nylon job but a hard shell – also a good belt
- Sling – your choice of single, 2-point or 3 point
- Mags – At least 3 mags, and enough pistol magazines to shoot 30 rounds without reloading magazines, at least 3 and enough carbine magazines to shoot 50 rounds without reloading magazines
- Mag pouches – enough pouches to hold the above
- Tools, oil & an extra gun – Our class will go all day – will your gun? Please be prepared.
- Ammo – bring 400 rounds for your carbine & 300 for your pistol & you will probably leave with some – maybe not – bring more if you like
- Ear & eye protection – electronic ears preferred or use ours
- Water will be provided
- Lunch – Bring something to eat quickly, your coaches are made of steel and don’t need food, so lunch break won’t be long or fancy.
- Clothing – It might rain, snow or be sunny. We will be outside all day. Nuff said.
- Knee & elbow pads – some students like them, some prefer to practice like the real world. We don’t encourage you to be a tough-dude, it is up to you.
Please contact us with any specific questions about this Intermediate Tactical Carbine & Pistol Class. For example, if your lifestyle & choices are such that you do not carry a concealed gun, and if instead you have a tactical vest by your bedside with a holster in it as well as attached mag pouches, let’s chat.