Our small firm needs a new digital marketing manager. We are a small tourism activity business owned by Shepard & Lynn. I am Shepard.
I have done most website stuff myself, but I am an amature. In the past we have hired outside professionals to build the framework of our site, then I do the content changes and additions. I also use my minimal SEO skills to handle that end.
Our digital marketing neighbor and friend Dave moved to Spain and is stepping back from his role. As a small family business, we don’t have a huge budget, and I estimate we need less than 12 hours a year worth of help with digital marketing. Our monthly digital marketing spend has always been less than $300 and has only been for part of the year.
We are seeking a contract individual freelancer to join our team who is experienced and can lead us.
What does the job entail?
Listed below are our needs in terms of digital marketing. Please know that we also have needs in other related areas like website management, social media management etc. Listed below is a starting point and if you have additional skills, let’s chat!
Analyze and advise things like:
- Are our paid placements on websites A, B & C worthwhile?
- Where is our “quality” traffic coming from?
- What should our spend percentage be on the top 3 referral sites be versus Google Adwords?
- Is one of our pages bringing in a lot of “bad” traffic that does not lead to sales?
- What don’t we know that we should know?
New tech and tricks & Strategy
- Set up and manage Google ad campaigns
- I don’t know what is new in website and digital marketing stuff. If you are familiar/experienced with geofencing, I have some ideas.
- What are we missing that we need to know?
- Should we focus more on YouTube? Should we dump Instagram? Etc…
- Other internet-related marketing and sales stuff
The three sites you will be helping with are shootinjh.com, nomadrifleman.com and funthingstodoinjacksonhole.com
Digital Marketing Guru Qualifications
- Must understand “The 80/20 Rule”
- Our digital marketing guru must be a good communicator. I HATE it when any pro says, “It is really easy, you just ….” That is what bad communicators say. I want someone who is bright & who wants to effectively communicate with me and teach me, someone who has a high enough IQ to know not to use jargon, or who fails to comprehend other people’s knowledge levels. If I ask what the best way to spend an additional $1k is, I don’t want 38 options filled with technical jargon, I want a baseline answer like, “Pay me for 30 minutes to set up a new Adwords campaign, it will run for 60 days and will target people who are researching high end places when traveling to your town. It will run for 2 months and should convert well.” Communication should be quick and to the point.
- Must understand and comprehend the discrimination we face (because we are a “gun” business) from tech giants like Trip Advisor, Google, YouTube, Facebook etc… Must have the knowledge and bravery to help us in our work-arounds and be willing to face this unique challenge.
- Must have extensive experience and be self-motivated, must not need micromanaging.
- College? We don’t care at all. Hopefully you skipped college and instead started your own business and self-taught yourself the skills needed to be a top-level pro in web marketing!
- You will work remotely.
Please send an email to shepard@shootinjh dot com with the subject line “Digital Marketing Guru” and ask what questions you want to ask and let us know why we are a great fit! 🙂
Compensation based on experience. We are interested in high-level experienced professionals all the way to internships.
Please tell us your rate expectations, how our fees will be calculated etc.