You are interested in an illumination solution for low light pistol shooting. So was I. I searched the market, and did not see the primary issues properly addressed. I invented a simple supplemental flashlight system that solved the problem. I hope that you will give Shepard’s Tactical Finger Ring Search Light a try, and that it helps you in the protection of those you love.
Why a Tactical Finger Ring Search Light?
When searching a close quarters in low light situations, the following tactical needs exist:
- A light that can be switched on and off silently
- A pressure switch that allows the light to go off when pressure is released.
- A low-lumen light for searching (a bright light makes the iris constrict, and then takes longer for night vision to return when the light is off pupillary light reflex- )
- The ability to maintain the two-handed grip that helps you shoot to the best of your abilities
- At least one light should not be attached to the weapon, not everything that needs to be illuminated needs to have a gun pointed at it (as pets, children and spouses can attest to)
I found many tactical 19 kazillion-lumen tacti-cool flashlights, but I found very few with a low lumen output (under 20 lumens). There are many inexpensive lights with low lumen output, but few people use them for tactical purposes. They all required a grip, and when gripping a flashlight, one can not maintain a perfect grip on the pistol.
Low lumen hands-free flashlight for searching while maintaining grip on pistol. Invented by Shepard Humphries for the private security and family defense market.
This light is not meant to replace your high-lumen hand-held and weapon-mounted flashlights, it is a supplement that is an excellent tool for searching and for shooting a pistol in low light.
One downside is that you still are not able to keep your perfect 2-handed grip. Notice in their press photo to the right that their left index finger is not gripping the gun. As Jerry Miculek emphasizes in his excellent pistol shooting video, maintaining an iron-like grip with a support hand is a very important thing!
I also noticed that this device only works with a few models of very expensive flashlights. I also noticed that it is not very comfortable. It is also heavy and a bit cumbersome. Again, it is not a bad product, and I hope their system works for many people, but I wanted something even better!
Shepard’s Tactical Ring light is a supplemental light specifically designed for searching while holding a pistol in low light conditions.
The “Stealth Tactical Mini-lite” tactical flashlight ring was designed by Shepard Humphries in 2017 through 2019 as a supplement lighting system for low light tactical searches.
This post and video is further documentation of prior art for this Tactical Flashlight for Searching – Tactical Finger Ring Search Light.
Is this flashlight patented?