“My first real job was at age 14 working for about 20/hrs a week at the leather shop next door. My pay was $1/hr. Since then, I have done a few things, received some parchment from some institutions, started businesses that have failed and leveraged others that have worked out well for us. “Being able to retire” was the goal and I made it happen. Now what?
Yes, I can put on ugly pants and have weekly luncheons with other lonely, bored high-achieving FIPs (Formerly Important Persons). Yes, I can add another wing to one of our houses and I can buy more of the fun toys that I dreamed of when I didn’t have the time or money for them. Meh. Doing that has not been what I expected it to be.
You want to know what I really want though? I want to provide value, have fun and keep my brain sharp.”
We have a seasonal opportunity, a retirement job in Jackson Hole, that might be mutually beneficial. How would you like to be a coach who leads vacationing families in a safe, fun and educational firearms experience?
- You will get to meet & serve fun-loving people
- Shifts are five hours each, an hour of prep, three hours with clients, and an hour post-experience
- You will be part of the world’s best shooting experience & instruction team
- You will stand on a hard floor for five hours outdoors under shade
- This opportunity works well for self-motivated people
- Our activity has the best TripAdvisor ratings of any business in the Rocky Mountain area
- If you are a fast-learner, we are happy to train you, regardless of your experience level, for this retirement job in Jackson Hole
- Our core team consists of both year-round and seasonal Senior Lead Coaches, Lead Coaches and Assistant Coaches
- Shifts are either morning or afternoon
- Minimum commitment is eight shifts per month in June, July and August
- Very flexible schedule – once you commit to a shift though, it is carved in stone. We take commitments seriously and we rely on you
- Coaches must remain mentally sharp every moment of the 3-hour shooting experience – safety is a high priority
- This position is as a sub-contractor
- We have a clear set of systems within which coaches work, we don’t micromanage and we love that our squared-away coaches have immense autonomy
- Yes, we pay you
*We have had some negative experiences in the past in which we have invested a lot of time training “interested” people who then didn’t really wind up producing real value for us. Essentially, they received free shooting instruction from us. We appreciate good people who have achieved financial success and we think you deserve to relax if you choose to do so. We just need a certain level of commitment to ensure a good ROI for our business. We respectfully insist that as we move forward you promise to work an average of at least 2 shifts each week from June through August.
Shall we chat via email? Shepard at shootinjh.com