The JH Shooting Experience and the JH Shooting Sports Foundation have teamed to bring this affordable class to help you become a more ethical hunter.
- $50 Must Pre-Register by September 11, 2023
- September 16, 2023
- Buy NON-REFUNDABLE ticket HERE.
- 9:30am to noon
- 6 total spaces available Buy NON-REFUNDABLE ticket HERE.
- Minimum age – Mature 14
- *This course does NOT count as Hunter’s Ed training
- 1st 6 people to register are in! Nonrefundable and non-transferable are sold out.
- If no show or cancel/reschedule within 72 hours before the class, you agree to donate $150 to the JHSSF.
Why are we offering this class? Our private Pre-Hunt lessons are not right for everyone and some people have asked for something even more affordable than our private rifle skill development. Shepard spoke with the board of the Jackson Hole Shooting Sports Foundation, and we came up with a solution! A PRE-HUNT RIFLE AND SHOOTER TUNEUP!
SORRY CLASS FULL – SOLD OUT
Don’t let missed shots spoil your hunting experience. Join our group shooting class to enhance your skills, make sure your rifle is ready and boost your confidence before your hunt. Our expert instructors will help you overcome common hunting challenges and make that crucial shot count.
Most hunters who miss the shot do so because of common issues like:
- Misaligned scopes
- Nervousness (buck fever)
- Unfamiliarity with equipment
- Insufficient practice
Our skilled instructors will guide you through safety and shooting basics using our .22 rifles. Learn essential shooting positions like standing, seated, kneeling, and using shooting sticks. Master cheek weld, breath control, trigger press, and your natural point of aim (P.O.A.).
We’ll help you ensure your rifle is ready—checking screws, bolts, and scope mount. Then, under our guidance, you’ll sight in your rifle.
With your equipment sorted, we’ll run drills to tame buck fever and gain experience.
What you’ll need:
- Your hunting rifle & scope ( 1 per student or two students may share)
- At least 60 rounds of the same rifle ammunition
- Any accessories you plan to use (bipod, sling, shooting sticks, day pack, rangefinder, etc.)
- Proof of license to hunt in the fall of 2023 to Spring of 2024
Group Shooting Class Includes:
- Loaner hearing protection
- Loaner eye protection
- Use of smaller caliber rifles and ammo for practice
- Range fees
- Spotting scopes if you don’t have one
Get ready to make your hunt a success—sign up for our group shooting class today!