***Due to recent shooting range rules based on government recommendations, we have a maximum classroom capacity of 2 non-household groups rather than our normal 8-12 person classes. With these current anti-social distancing requirements, we added a less expensive online option for our renowned Concealed Firearms Permit (CFP) course.
We now have three options:
- Take our new ONLINE course which contains 5+ hours of online training including video slideshow lectures and a live Zoom session, and concludes with a live-fire range session. $150 or $400 options, see below for details.
- Take our traditional class, 2-person minimum and 2-non-household maximum, $375/person. Yes, this is confusing, please contact us for more information. See schedule (When the panic and related rules end, we will return to normal pricing)
- Take our traditional class with up to 4 other members of your household in a private session, $750. Contact us
Online Concealed Firearms Permit
Wyoming Concealed Carry Class
New 3-part system for Online Option!
Take our online training course. This is comprised of just over three hours of video training in sections as short as 10 minutes and as long as 45 minutes, and this may be done at any pace you desire.
- Video section 1: Basic handgun operation and shooting
- Video section 2: Legal, moral and psychological
- Video section 3: Tactical
At this point, we will not yet know that you have carefully watched all of the video material, however, we will soon know! 😉 If you paid attention while watching all of the training videos, you will do very well in the Zoom Q&A discussion and on the test. If you do not watch the videos and jot down notes and questions, you will not do well.
We offer 90-minute group Zoom sessions at least once each month (see schedule):
- 15-minute Q&A to answer the questions you jotted down while watching the videos
- Online test that takes about 30 minutes to complete.
- Finally, we spend another 45 minutes going over the test and discussing scenarios.
Purchase Parts 1 & 2 HERE:.
Attend a live firearms training session with our Jackson Hole Shooting Experience coaches at the range, demonstrating a basic understanding of handgun function, use and safe handling. Fire at least 50 shots. Which option is better for you?
Option 1 – $100
- During the Covid–Panic: Group class, with one person shooting at a time per instructor. Four-person minimum. This session is 60 minutes long. Several loaner pistols may be used.
- After the Covid-Panic: Group class, with one person shooting at a time per instructor at up to three benches, depending on group size. Class size of between 6 and 12 students. This class is two hours long and a couple dozen pistols are available for your use!
Select your date and purchase HERE.
Option 2: – $350
- A two-hour private pistol lesson with a JHSE instructor. See this LINK for details of this popular package. This private offering, using our guns, is normally $500, however with this CFP package it is only $350 for one shooter or $400 for two shooters!
Contact us to schedule your private lesson!
Certificate of completion
At the conclusion of your private or group range session, you will receive an emailed certificate of completion that is accepted by the State of Wyoming, Idaho, Oregon & Montana for a Concealed Firearms Permit (CFP). (These are also commonly called concealed carry weapon (CCW) permits)
*At the conclusion of Part 1, at your request, we will provide you with a certificate of completion. This is for our students that will not be attending a live “Part 3” range session with us. This certificate does NOT provide proof of firearms familiarization as required by Wyoming law.
People seeking a Wyoming Concealed Firearms permit have very minimal State requirements for proof of firearms familiarization. We provide greater value by teaching more than just the basics of firearms familiarization. We also teach about legal aspects, ethical & moral aspects, situational awareness, prevention and defensive tactics. We provide live-fire instruction to help you be more confident and improve your skills. This class will help you decide if you want the responsibility of using protective tools, and will empower you to make peaceful choices, using violent defense only as a last resort.
This Wyoming Concealed Carry class meets Wyoming State Statute’s requirements for a Concealed Carry permit. It is designed to build a foundation from which students can properly hone their skills in order to better protect themselves and their families from knife violence, gun violence and other forms initiated violence. This is NOT an NRA class, but is taught by NRA Certified Instructors as required by Wyoming law.
More Details about our Wyoming Concealed Carry class
Wyoming Concealed Carry training was developed by Shepard Humphries to be the best 1-day-class available for a concealed firearms permit. It combines the best of NRA Basic Pistol and Personal Protection Inside the Home along with some intermediate and advanced knowledge & skills. Our CCW training includes a lecture on Federal & Wyoming firearms related laws and more importantly, morality and ethics are discussed. This class allows each student to improve their knowledge and skills, whether a complete novice or an intermediate-level shooter.
THIS is the process for applying for a Concealed Firearms Permit in Jackson Hole.
There is a high probability that you will never use a gun to protect yourself. On the other hand: EXAMPLE
Why are we the top rated concealed carry school in the Rocky Mountain Region?
- Six to eight hours of training content.
- Comfortable, relevant, entertaining and fun instructional style from the team that invented the “luxury entertainment shooting experience” industry.
- In-depth lecture on the judicious use of a firearm from a moral & ethical perspective as well as both civil and criminal legal issues.
- This course is accepted by Wyoming, Oregon, Montana and Idaho as “proof of firearms familiarization” for a concealed firearms permit.
- Exceeds Wyoming State Statute minimum requirements.
- Exceeds live fire and tactical shooting instruction requirements.
- Students receive one-on-one instruction on the firing line from a variety of instructors.
- Our team of firearms coaches are subject matter experts in many areas, with each coach offering a fresh perspective and area of specialty.