We have a great position in Jackson Hole for summer 2018
- Position 1 – Fun Guru – Administrative, scheduling, SEO, Reception, Writing, Special Projects and MUCH more
Are we a good fit? Our philosophy.
- We are “supposed” to have a great and rewarding time serving our awesome guests, and our team never says junk like, “I was supposed to have this afternoon off.” NO! You are “supposed” to develop your resume, practice your work ethic and make money working long and hard hours being awesome supporting our mission to serve our guests! Right?
- Every part of our business is everyone’s “job” and no one on our crew has ever said, “That isn’t my job.”
- This intern position, as with all intern positions, is where much of the “grunt work” is done. Be prepared to do the grunt work without complaining, just like the owners and everyone else does.
- Our team makes fast decisions that are usually good. We want to trust you to do the same. A person that needs detailed direction and close micro-management will not do well.
- Our leadership team hates managing, we expect our team to be self-motivated intelligent problem-solvers that will manage themselves and if they don’t know something, will seek out the education. We will help you and empower you to do this. We will set you up for success! Not all personalities are right, and if you need step by step instructions for everything, maybe this isn’t a good fit. This is not the IBM of the 80’s.
- We sometimes take team members out to dinner after a project, and spend $40/person on buying everyone dinner. If you are grocery shopping the next morning, and remember we need a roll of paper towels at the range, a winner would buy them and take them to the range and not ask for $1.29 reimbursement and 5 minutes of work pay, right? We will “give” a ton, and we keep team members that do the same. The owner’s job is to provide value to you and our guests, your job is to provide value as well.
- A person with a great personality, a strong work ethic, absolute attention to detail and an open-minded desire to learn will discover that their time with us is well worthwhile and will be treasured for a lifetime.
- At the end of each week, we think that we got more from our team than we gave them. Our team members think they got more value than they gave.
- If you want to get fired, this is how; whine, start rumors, spread a negative attitude and spread low-moral, etc.
- If you want to learn to provide value and make some money and have fun and be part of the #1 work team in the Rocky Mountain region – please apply!
Applicants should be 19+ years of age, with experience or ability to learn and enjoy “high-end” customer service, must thrive on hard work and be dedicated to attention to detail. You must demand of yourselves a high level of personal responsibility, have a strong work ethic and have the ability to work independently. We prefer that you not work other jobs while in Jackson and are available at all times for last-minute needs. (If you are hired and are not thrilling us or we are not providing you with enough hours, we will happily lift this restriction within 2 weeks of your starting) Owners work over 80 hours per week, and seek a realist that prefers S on the cashflow quadrant and has a “get it done” attitude that is not influenced by clocks.
- Fluent in Japanese, Chinese, French or Hindi
- Familiar with shooting sports
- NOT a C.O.D. enthusiast or otherwise violence-motivated
- Good personality, and not just based on what your mother says. 😉
Our intern may or may not have a background in firearms. We are seeking the perfect person and as such will be able to quickly and thoroughly learn and apply the necessary skills for the position. If you sat quietly in school, stood when the bell rung, sat when the authority figure at the front of the classroom said to do so and are not creative or introspective, our company culture will not make you happy. If you have a history of tackling things and working super-hard, creating your own solutions to achieve your preferred outcomes etc – you will love this opportunity! By the way, if you read above “s in the cashflow quadrant” and either knew what it meant or immediately looked it up – you are our kinda person!
Don’t do the Fun Guru or Range Ops Internship “for the money.” Those position’s REAL compensation is in knowledge, skills and experience. The money will likely not even support you. The successful Intern will be paid between $12.50/hr and $18/hr depending on the value you provide. Health insurance is NOT included. Because a 2.5 bedroom apartment in Jackson hole is $2.5k/month, what the Fun Guru and Range Ops Interns earn will likely not be sufficient to live in Jackson Hole, so Intern must have the financial means beyond intern compensation received from this internship or must have the natural internal drive, skills and observed value to work a lot of hours beyond 40! Even then – this position will not make you rich!
For the sales position? This is a commission-only position. When you do well, we do well. When we do well, you do well. If you want to make a bunch of money this summer, are not pushy, really enjoy being on the phone with nice people and are skilled /trainable and a motivated and disciplined salesperson; you can make big money. let’s chat.
Intern must have understanding that the cost of living in Jackson Hole is very high, (renting an extra bedroom in a ski-bum’s crappy apartment is $1000+/mo, a 2-bedroom apartment is over $2500 if you rent it yourself…) and if you only want to work “lazy-people hours” (40) each week, this position will not provide even a lower-middle-class lifestyle. Intern will have an erratic schedule, with some weeks only working 20 hours and sometimes much more!
College does not for the most part teach what really matters in the real world of small business. What most employers want is experience. Every Tom, Dick and Sally has a 4-year degree and many have graduate degrees, but few have really truly experienced the real world! About once each week, a few to 10 of our team members join the company owners in their backyard to talk business development, drink beers, discuss SEO, chat about philosophy, eat grilled food, encourage each other’s personal development and just chill. Want some experience? Come get some!
Internship Teaming Process
- How to apply? We will give each applicant 5 minutes of our time, so feel free to write stuff in a standard resume, make a video or audio file, or whatever else will communicate to us who you are, what value you can provide to us and what you are all about. It should include your measurable goals for the summer and the dates you are available.
- We will then request a particular video from these top candidates. (By the way, we are not looking for video editing brilliance, cinematography excellence etc, we just want to get to know you)
- We will then ask top candidates to complete a DISC profile, then conduct a Skype-style interview of top candidates.
- We will then select the top few candidates and invite them to take the next steps with us!
About Fun Guru position:
FUN GURU! Ready to join our fun administrative team w/ your passion to speak w/ people, create/manage SM content, optimize SEO, run w/ special projects, share on the phone w/ our future guests info about THE most fun activity in JH?!? 20-30 hours per week, and if you blow me away with your awesomeness, let’s make it 40! Yes, you prove your value and SHOW me why we can’t live without you, then let’s jump right in! JH Shooting Experience, email@example.com
The intern will be responsible for:
· Receiving phone calls from potential guests and helping book them and schedule coaches for their experience
· Syncing social media content across multiple platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and SnapChat)
· Developing social media content & understanding of SEO preferred
· Editing and updating website (no previous experience with web editing necessary, we will teach you)
· Organizing photo and video content
· Other creative projects
· Must be 19 years of age or older
· Experience using social media
· Strong writing skills, especially spelling and grammar
· Comfort with repetitive tasks
· Ability to learn new programs and interfaces quickly
+Loves talking to awesome human beings on the phone
Additional Skills (helpful, but not required):
· Salesforce & Publisher
· Photography and illustration
· Photo and video editing
· Website design and editing
Sales position in Jackson Hole
“Real salesmen aren’t worried about not having a base salary; they know their worth!”
Straight Commission “Master of Conversion”, are you ready for this opportunity??
True “I”s, step on up and call JH Shooting Experience 307-690-7921 or email firstname.lastname@example.org! Let’s create a win-win-win to attain your wildest dreams!
This position is more than “order taking” or answering incoming calls from people that have already decided to purchase our services. This position requires initiative and the ability to nicely contact people and sell them our shooting experiences. If you would not enjoy the challenge of driving to your local grocery store, buying a bag of Hersey’s Kisses, taking them to a street corner and selling 5-packs of Kisses for $1 each, this position might not be right for you. For most people, this challenge would be stressful and scary … we are looking for the 1 in 10,000 person that has the skills, class, guts and will make it rain!
If you impress us – you will be given more opportunities. If you are lazy, unhappy, rude, inappropriate, average, don’t want to learn or otherwise suck – we will not have much use for you. If we are not providing value to you, we hope you will not have much use for us! 🙂