We have several intern positions in Jackson Hole for summer 2017
- Position 1 – Fun Guru – Administrative, scheduling, SEO, Reception, Writing, Special Projects and MUCH more
- Position 2 – Sales Guru – A true salesperson that enjoys connecting with people with our offerings.
- Position 3 – Firearms, Range Operations, errands, and misc
Are we a good fit? Our philosophy.
- We are supposed to have a great and rewarding time serving our awesome guests, and our team never says junk like, “I was supposed to have this afternoon off.” NO! You are “supposed” to develop your resume, practice your work ethic and make money working long and hard hours being awesome supporting our mission to serve our guests! Right?
- Every part of our business is everyone’s “job” and none of our crew has ever said, “That isn’t my job.”
- This intern position, as with all intern positions, is where much of the “grunt work” is done. Be prepared to do the grunt work without complaining, just like the owners and everyone else does.
- Our team makes fast decisions that are usually good. A person that needs detailed direction and close micro-management will not do well.
- Our leadership team hates managing, we expect our team to be self-motivated intelligent problem-solvers that will manage themselves and if they don’t know something, will seek out the education. We will help you and empower you to do this. We will set you up for success! Not all personalities are right, and if you need step by step instructions for everything, maybe this isn’t a good fit. This is not the IBM of the 80’s.
- We sometimes take team members out to dinner after a project, and spend $40/person on buying everyone dinner. If you are grocery shopping the next morning, and remember we need a roll of paper towels at the range, a winner would buy them and take them to the range and not ask for $1.29 reimbursement and 5 minutes of work pay, right? We will “give” a ton, and we keep team members that do the same. The owner’s job is to provide value to you and our guests, your job is to provide value as well.
- 40 hours of work per week was a number the government invented, and it is ridiculous and ignored by entrepreneurs. If 60 hours’ worth of work needs to be done, let’s buck up and get it done rather than having to search for and hire another part-time person, right?
- A person with a great personality, a strong work ethic, absolute attention to detail and an open-minded desire to learn will discover that their time with us is well worthwhile and will be treasured for a lifetime.
- At the end of each week, we think that we got more from our team than we gave them. Our team members think they got more value than they gave.
- If you want to get fired, this is how; whine, start rumors, spread a negative attitude and spread low-moral, etc.
- If you want to learn to provide value and make some money and have fun and be part of the #1 work team in the Rocky Mountain region – please apply!
Applicants should be 19+ years of age, with experience or ability to learn and enjoy “high-end” customer service, must thrive on hard work and be dedicated to attention to detail. You must demand of yourselves a high level of personal responsibility, have a strong work ethic and have the ability to work independently. For most positions, intern must not work other jobs while in Jackson and must be available at all times for last-minute needs. (If you are hired and are not thrilling us or we are not providing you with enough hours, we will happily lift this restriction within 2 weeks of your starting) Owners work over 80 hours per week, and seek a realist that prefers S on the cashflow quadrant and has a “get it done” attitude that is not influenced by clocks.
- Fluent in Japanese, Chinese, French or Hindi
- Familiar with shooting sports
- NOT a C.O.D. enthusiast or otherwise violence-motivated
- Good physical condition
Our intern may or may not have a background in firearms. We are seeking the perfect person and as such will be able to quickly and thoroughly learn and apply the necessary skills for the position. If you sat quietly in school, stood when the bell rung, sat when the authority figure at the front of the classroom said to do so and are not creative or introspective, our company culture will not make you happy. If you have a history of tackling things and working super-hard, creating your own solutions to achieve your preferred outcomes etc – you will love this opportunity! By the way, if you read above “s in the cashflow quadrant” and either knew what it meant or immediately looked it up – you are our kinda person!
Don’t do the Fun Guru or Range Ops Internship “for the money.” Those position’s REAL compensation is in knowledge, skills and experience. The money will likely not even support you. The successful Intern will be paid between $12.50/hr and $25/hr depending on the value you provide. Health insurance is NOT included. Because a 2.5 bedroom apartment in Jackson hole is $2k/month, what the Fun Guru and Range Ops Interns earn will likely not be sufficient to live in Jackson Hole, so Intern must have the financial means beyond intern compensation received from this internship or must have the natural internal drive, skills and observed value to work a lot of hours beyond 40! Even then – this position will not make you rich!
For the sales position? This is a commission-only position. When you do well, we do well. When we do well, you do well. if you want to make a bunch of money this summer, are not pushy, really enjoy being on the phone with nice people and are skilled /trainable and a motivated and disciplined salesperson; you can make big money. let’s chat.
Intern must have understanding that the cost of living in Jackson Hole is very high, (renting an extra bedroom in a ski-bum’s crappy apartment is $800+/mo, a 2-bedroom apartment is over $2000 if you rent it yourself…) and if you only want to work “government employee hours” (40) each week, this position will not provide even a lower-middle-class lifestyle. At intern’s request, our company will assist by directing you toward resources for housing. Intern will have an erratic schedule, with some weeks only working 14 hours and other weeks working 60+ hours (if you have proven you are capable and have value to add). If intern is not willing to “suck it up” and “dive in” with their whole being; this is not the right opportunity.
College does not for the most part teach what really matters in the real world of small business. What most employers want is experience. Every Tom, Dick and Sally has a 4-year degree and many have graduate degrees, but few have really truly experienced the real world! About once each week, a few to 10 of our team members join the company owners in their backyard to talk business development, drink beers, SEO, chat about philosophy, eat grilled food, encourage each other’s personal development and just chill. Want some experience? Come get some!
Internship Teaming Process
- How to apply? We will give each applicant 5 minutes of our time, so feel free to write stuff in a standard resume, make a video or audio file, or whatever else will communicate to us who you are, what value you can provide to us and what you are all about. It should include your measurable goals for the summer and the dates you are available.
- We will then request a particular video from these top candidates. (By the way, we are not looking for video editing brilliance, cinematography excellence etc, we just want to get to know you)
- We will then ask top candidates to complete a DISC profile, then conduct a Skype-style interview of top candidates.
- We will then select the top few candidates and invite them to bid on the internship.
About Fun Guru position:
FUN GURU! Ready to join our fun administrative team w/ your passion to speak w/ people, create/manage SM content, optimize SEO, run w/ special projects, share w/ our future guests info about THE most fun activity in JH?!? 20-30 hours per week, and if you blow me away with your awesomeness, let’s make it 40! Yes, you prove your value and SHOW me why we can’t live without you, then let’s jump right in! JH Shooting Experience, Lynn@shootinjh.com
The intern will be responsible for:
· Receiving phone calls from potential guests and helping book them and schedule coaches for their experience
· Syncing social media content across multiple platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and SnapChat)
· Developing social media content & understanding of SEO preferred
· Editing and updating website (no previous experience with web editing necessary, we will teach you)
· Organizing photo and video content
· Other creative projects
· Must be 19 years of age or older
· Experience using social media
· Strong writing skills, especially spelling and grammar
· Comfort with repetitive tasks
· Ability to learn new programs and interfaces quickly
Additional Skills (helpful, but not required):
· Salesforce & Publisher
· Photography and illustration
· Photo and video editing
· Website design and editing
Sales position in Jackson Hole
“Real salesmen aren’t worried about not having a base salary; they know their worth!”
Straight Commission “Master of Conversion”, are you ready for this opportunity??
This position is more than “order taking” or answering incoming calls from people that have already decided to purchase our services. This position requires initiative and the ability to nicely contact people and sell them our shooting experiences. If you would not enjoy the challenge of driving to your local grocery store, buying a bag of Hersey’s Kisses, taking them to a street corner and selling 5-packs of Kisses for $1 each, this position might not be right for you. For most people, this challenge would be stressful and scary … we are looking for the 1 in 10,000 person that has the skills, class, guts and will make it rain!
Firearms & Range Operations INTERNSHIP
The Jackson Hole Shooting Experience, an intense and exciting company pioneering the luxury entertainment shooting industry, is looking for an intern to join our range team working to provide safe, fun and educational firearms shooting experiences for high net worth individuals in Jackson Hole, Wyoming and beyond.
Our world-class instructors are hard-working, smart, friendly, service oriented, and they need interns to work in our Armory Services and Range Setup areas. The intern hired for this position should expect to learn other facets of operating an entertainment shooting business, will have the opportunity to practice the work ethic of a self-employed person, and will leave this position with invaluable skills and industry knowledge. This internship program is unique, and successful participation will not only teach business and work ethic skills, but will also give you real-world hands-on experience with firearms/ range operations AND will be great fun. The business owner’s are driven entrepreneurs and enjoy sharing business, philosophic and economic wisdom.
Interns considering working in law enforcement or military jobs are not the right fit for this position.
Responsibilities (for the first 10 hours)
- Miscellaneous duties as requested to include errands, internet research, etc…
- Under-promise and over deliver – 100 dependable
- Set up equipment and targets (1-hour daily task) in preparation for 8am or 9am client arrival for 5 days each week.
- Maintain and clean firearms as directed by the Range Manager & Armorer
- Additional work as needed to meet company goals
- Self-education as assigned (reading, youtube etc) to meet our mutual goals. (For example, watching videos to learn how to field strip and reassemble a Ruger Mark III or Ar-15, read an article on terminal ballistics regarding steel targets, etc.)
- Videotape & photograph each gun and or other similar projects
Opportunities (for the next ??? hours)
We are only guaranteeing 10 hours each week. We want to exchange a ton-load more value though! We are a small business and need “producers” that are self-motivated and figure stuff out on their own when possible. We do not want to waste our time “bossing” you.
Our team expects other team members to push themselves personally and professionally. We are not “employee” types. We are all about working long hours, going above and beyond and creating excellence for ourselves. If this culture is appealing to you, we would love to connect and see if we are a good fit! Self-made millionaires find the concept of 40-hour work weeks to be laughable, “how could anyone only spend such a tiny amount of their day creating their awesome future?!” If you have a 40-hour “employee” attitude, we will not be a good fit.
Additional opportunities beyond 14 hours will be offered as needed to team members that we think will do them with excellence, they are not guaranteed.
- Handle phone reception, booking and coach-coordination duties.
- Compete in local shooting competitions to improve shooting skills – Unpaid, but use our guns & gear!
- Learn to handload metallic cartridges – Unpaid, but I bet some of our coaches would love to teach you.
- Conduct logistical and legal research, subsequent government applications, etc. regarding shooting instruction in various regions of the US, as well as internationally.
- Refresh targets, sweep brass and refresh equipment in preparation for 1pm guest arrival.
- Perform legal research, investigate public land usage regs etc.
- Still more stuff that you and we think of!
If you impress us – you will be given more opportunities. If you are lazy, unhappy, rude, inappropriate, average, don’t want to learn or otherwise suck – we will not have much use for you. If we are not providing value to you, we hope you will not have much use for us! 🙂